Here you’re able to adjust some more advanced settings (e.g. the actual renderer being used, whether to use multithreading, or if you’d like to skip the intro videos) in addition to quality of life improvements like chat timestamps.
This is primarily meant for those running into issues when running the game. If you don’t want to edit your UserSettings.txt by hand, try adjusting the setting with this addon.
Some of the issues that can hopefully be fixed with this addon:
- Periodical (and inconsistent) stuttering or freezes of the game.
- Graphical glitches or artifacts as well as poor performance caused by graphic card drivers.
- Failure to properly use many addons due to running out of memory.
Examples of additional settings and features:
- Select the game’s screenshot format (BMP, PNG, or JPEG).
- Permanently disable the short logo videos shown during startup.
- Adjust the view distance based on FPS.
- Allow the chat window to grow to twice the standard size.
- Add chat timestamps.
This addon adds a new toolbox page to the settings menu (“Settings” -> “Addons” -> “ESO Toolbox”).
- Go to the “Elder Scrolls Online” folder in your Documents
- For Windows: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\<version>\
- For Mac: /Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/<version>/
- (replace <version> with the client you’re using – “live” or “liveeu”)
- You should find an AddOns folder, if you don’t, create one.
- Extract the addon from downloaded zip file to the AddOns folder
- Log into the game, and in the character creation screen, you’ll find the Addons menu. Enable your addons from there.