This is a simple add-on for playing your favorite character emotes. At the moment ESO has over 170 emote animation commands to choose from. There is no build-in GUI to display them for game launch. They are access via slash commands .i.e. /torch, /drink, and etc. This add-on allows you to configure a few favorites. It display them in a windows which you can click a button for the emote.
I’m new to the lua language. I’ll not claim the code is pretty and not worthy of a WTF blog post. Hey, it works and I have lots of ideas for features. Maybe it will even look prettier down the road.
• Language localization for French and German
• Configure 10 emotes buttons on moveable window
• Thirteen bind key options
• One for toggling the favorites window
• Two for toggling a condensed list of all the available emotes to blast through to entertain yourself and friends
• Up to ten for quick keyboard access to favorites (new)
• One quick keyboard access to play random emote (new)
• Both windows can be moved separately and last position is saved
• Transparency option to fade the add-on to less intrusive while displayed
• Favorites window collapses out of the way and speed buttons appear to access your first five favorites emotes
• Use the add-on’s emote name when playing in French, German, and/or you customized the ESOTheater emote name.
/et cœur brisé
/et Hände reiben
• Lots of command options for access emotes without the add-on windows visible
• Filtering options on the full emote list window (new)
• Option to save favorites at the account level or by character
• Bring back emote chat feature while animations are playing
Slash Commands and optional parameters:
/esotheater Displays emote window
/et Alias to display emote window
/et –help Prints the slash commands to the main chat window
/et –reload Reloads Add-on defaults from (EmotesImportData.lua) to SavedVariables file
/et –repin Reset main window position to top left corner
/et –enumsys Pulls system emotes and copies to SavedVariables file
/et –v Verbose mode which sends extra messages to the chat window
/et #### Plays the game’s emote from id **** ID can be different while playing in French and/or German ****
/et <emote name> Plays the emote based on the name. This is useful when playing in French, German, and/or you customized the ESOTheater emote names.
/et -f## Plays the emote based on the favorite’s button number i.e. /et -f9 plays the emote you assigned to button 9.
As with most Addons, simply open the Archive and copy the contents into “%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons\” folder.
If ESO is already running, execute /reloadui command.